Rong Qiao Sedbergh School, Fuzhou, China
Date posted: 12 Nov 2020
Start date: August 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Suitable for NQTs: No
An exciting opportunity to play a central role in shaping the IGCSE and A level mathematics curriculum at the Senior Section of Rong Qiao Sedbergh School, Fuzhou, China.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international boarding school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing an exciting and holistic education for both Chinese and foreign students. The school currently comprises 10% international and 90% Chinese students, with a projected final capacity of 2,700. At RQSS we share the core values of Sedbergh School, UK, building on their excellent reputation and almost 500 years of history. The school is in a phenomenally busy phase of growth and there are a number of exciting challenges ahead. Resilience, positivity and a willingness to get involved are important. As a boarding school, there is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in the School’s pastoral and extracurricular activity programmes.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, reflective and resilient teacher with the ability to work in a team of committed professionals. Students in the Senior School range from age 12 to 18. The role is an opportunity to strengthen the implementation of the mathematics curriculum with the introduction of core and further maths A level from September 2020. Experience working with ESL students would be an advantage. Opportunities to take a residential role as a tutor, house mistress or house master are available with a reduced teaching commitment.
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons; teaching students, according to their educational needs;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students;
- Preparing students for examinations and for their next level of study;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students;
- Identifying and researching resources and equipment required for teaching;
- To actively participate in the delivery of boarding provision;
- Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and enrichment of the school’s provision;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject;
- A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. PGCE)
- Minimum two years teaching experience teaching Mathematics in a senior school setting;
- Previous experience of teaching ESL students is an advantage;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work.
Fuzhou is a beautiful city and the school site is in an exciting area of coastal development just 15 minutes from the Fuzhou Changle International Airport. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, medical cover, flight allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, visa costs and all meals on site.
Please email your CV (listing two references) to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header. Deadline for applications Sunday 21th March 2021.
Candidates are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Longlisted candidates will be selected on receipt of CVs and contacted for an automated video screening shortlisting interview via Sonru. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview online via WeChat /Zoom ASAP.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.